La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Most Exciting News Ever in the History of Man


It’s time to wake up Grandpa dear readers, the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame has selected its inductees for the class of 2010. In a list that would flummox even the most ardent mix-tape maker The Stooges, ABBA, Jimmy Cliff, Genesis, and the Hollies were chosen to make it to the shrine. Perhaps even more interesting though are the nominees that didn't make the cut. The list included: Kiss, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Donna Summer, and Darlene Love. (Now that would have made a performance! ed.)

Music impressario David Geffen and songwriters Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil, Ellie Greenwich, Jeff Barry, Jesse Stone, Mort Shuman and Otis Blackwell were also inducted in non-performing categories.

From Rolling Stone, Iggy Pop said:
"We've been rejected seven times, and we would have set a record, I think, if it happened again. It started to feel like Charlie Brown and the football. I had about two hours of a strong emotional reaction after hearing the news. It felt like vindication. Then I kind of scratched my head and thought, 'Am I still cool? Or is that over now?'"
The induction ceremony takes place March 15th at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City.  Let's hope Abba and the Stooges make good on that oft-promised collaboration.  "I Wanna Be Your Dancing Queen" anyone?

2 comments:

Allison said...

Great news indeed! Well the Stooges and Hollies part.

I still don't like ABBA, but accept that they exist. ;)

Barbara Bruederlin said...

It's about time ABBA got inducted. I am not even kidding about this. Sorry, Al.

Okay, I never comment on what the wv is but this one is too good not to: boopile

Please forgive my indulgence here.