La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Seasonal Sixty - Best Music of 2007

The Seasonal Sixty - Best Music of 2007

For nearly fifteen years now I have compiled my list of the best music of the year. This year is no exception, the audience only slightly more broad now. Presented in three installations, I give you my Seasonal Sixty for 2007. (Thank you John Peel for the inspiration.) The picks are the result of my completely biased listening opinion and I welcome your counter opinions.

Without further adieu…

Installation One

60. Battles - Mirrored
59. Deerhunter - Cryptograms, Fluorescent Grey
58. Boris With Michio Kurihara - Rainbow
57. Wilco – Sky Blue Sky
56. Deerhoof – Friend Opportunity
55. Marnie Stern – In Advance of the Broken Arm
54. Thurston Moore – Trees Outside the Academy

53. Various Artists - I’m Not There Original Soundtrack
52. Vic Chesnutt – North Star Deserter
51. Mirah and Spectratone International – Share This Place: Stories and Observations
50. The Hylozoists - La Fin Du Monde

49. Matthew Dear – Asa Breed
48. M.I.A. - Kala
47. Amon Tobin – The Foley Room
46. The Shins – Wincing the Night Away
45. Beirut - The Flying Cup Club
44. St. Vincent – Marry Me
43. Nina Nastasia and Jim White – You Follow Me
42. Grinderman - Grinderman
41. The Dirty Projectors – Rise Above

Installation Two coming soon.

No comments: