La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Saturday, March 22, 2008

“Eat Food, Not Too Much, Mostly Plants”


I was watching CBC’s finest hour in television, (boldly titled) “The Hour” and was transfixed by an interview with author Michael Pollan. What drew me to the interview was Michael Pollan's seven words: “Eat Food, Not Too Much, Mostly Plants.” Michael was promoting his new book called "In Defense of Food" where he analyses how the “Western Diet” came about over the last 100 years and how science has been messing with just what we put in our mouths. You may know him for writing a book called "The Omnivore's Dilemma" but his new book is a revelation. I bought it the other night and I can not put it down.

Watch the entire Pollan interview here :
http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/video.php?id=1992

Highly recommended. I’ll never eat another twinkie in this lifetime.

No comments: