La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Wanna Hold Your Wii-mote


I honestly thought I would find the Rolling Stones milking the multimedia/ gaming bandwagon before the "Fab Four", but wonders do never cease… Wake your parents peeps! Your Mom’s favourite band is going to make her very happy all over again. Yep, the “Beatles – Rock Band” is on the way. As previously bloggedabout, the much anticipated video game created by a partnership between the Beatles' Apple Corps, Ltd. and MTV Games' Harmonix Music Systems, the people behind the "Rock Band" series will be released on September 9th to Xbox, Playstation, and Wii. (That’s 09.09.09, but the one after that would have been cooler. ed)

Yesterday at the E3 Media & Business Summit, (the gigantor gaming conference in Las Vegas), Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono Lennon, and Olivia Harrison announced key details of "The Beatles: Rock Band". The first being, that the storyline of the game follows the Beatles' career from 1963 to 1969, from the Cavern Club across the universe to megastardom.

It’s time to ditch the tennis rackets and hairbrush microphones. In this game you get to play a plastic pseudo-guitar as the loveable mop topped quartet. Of course the finely crafted instruments have been precision designed to look like the ones John, Paul, George, and Ringo actually played. It gets even better too; The game will feature three-part harmony, so the whole family can gather round the flat panel to reinterpret “Revolution #9”.

In between songs, you'll get to hear "previously unreleased authentic voice recordings from John, Paul, George and Ringo chatting between takes during studio sessions recorded at Abbey Road more than four decades ago," according to the website press release.


The game will feature a playlist of 45 songs from the Beatles' catalogue, including "I Saw Her Standing There," "I Want to Hold Your Hand," "I Feel Fine," "Taxman," "Day Tripper," Back in the USSR," "I Am the Walrus," "Octopus's Garden," "Here Comes the Sun," and "Get Back". At some point in the future, you'll be able to download even more, including Abbey Road in its entirety.

You know though, I’m still going to wait for “The Rolling Stones – Rock Band”. And they had better include a download for A Bigger Bang in its entirety! Ohhhhh and fake plastic cigarettes… Staart me up!

I'm getting excited all ready.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I just don't get video games, or this Rock Band craze. I've played it and its fun for a short while but ultimately never really held my attention. Also, the price of the consoles, games, etc is a bit much.

I guess I'd rather be reading, or listening to the actual music...to their own, right? Hopefully it will introduce the tunes to a new generation though!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Let's just hope none of those flaming bags end up on your doorstep!

Despite the complete lack of sarcasm in your post, I shall be giving this game thingy a wide pass. Never been a huge Beatles fan and I certainly don't need to be lining Paul McCartney's pockets.