La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Color Me Obsessed Coming to Toronto


Organizers of Toronto’s NXNE Festival and Conference have announced a screening of Color me Obsessed. Yes, that one… That much ballyhooed flick I blogged earlier about this being the first documentary to unravel the myth of the much loved The Replacements... Labelled “the last best band” by Spin Magazine, this one is not to be missed.  Yes THAT one.

'Obsessed' Director Gorman Bechard was himself a huge fan: “The Replacements should have been the next Rolling Stones,” he says, “and to the people who loved them, I think they were.”

With over 140 interviews with rockers (Colin Meloy of The Decemberists, Craig Finn of The Hold Steady, Tommy Ramone, Grant Hart and Greg Norton of Husker Du, all three members of Goo Goo Dolls), journalists (Robert Christgau, Legs McNeil, Ira Robbins, Greg Kot, Jim DeRogatis), and fans, Color me Obsessed is the story of (to many) the greatest rock band of all time: The Replacements.

Not sure of exact dates yet. The NXNE Festival runs later this year from June 13th to the 19th.

Plan to attend! I’ve heard only great things about this one.

I’ll post more information on additional festival goings on as they become available.

3 comments:

Ryan McNeil said...

...and guess who's covering the film programme for NXNE as press?

:)

Sean Wraight said...

Very impressive Mr. Hatter. I look forward to your unbiased review of a film about my most favourite band in the history of favourite bands.

No pressure though.

Just sayin'
;)

Ryan McNeil said...

Psst... Guess what film I watched tonight?