La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Monday, January 30, 2012

“My Own Colors On My Own Canvas”


It was around this time last year that White Stripes fans the world over were mourning the demise of the beloved dichromatic duo.  Sure we could depend on their always prolific front man-  After all what project did Jack White not have a hand in? The Raconteurs, Dead Weather, Rome, Wanda Jackson and even his own Third Man Records…  The inevitable has finally happened though as Jack White III has announced his debut solo LP. Titled Blunderbuss, it's due out April 24th via Third Man/Columbia/XL.

The album was produced by White and recorded at the Third Man studio in Nashville.  A statement on the Third Man website reads:
“(Blunderbuss is) an album I couldn’t have released until now. I’ve put off making records under my own name for a long time but these songs feel like they could only be presented under my name. These songs were written from scratch, had nothing to do with anyone or anything else but my own expression, my own colors on my own canvas."

The first single is called "Love Interruption" and it's due out on seven-inch vinyl on February 7, backed with the song "Machine Gun Silhouette." The single will go up for sale digitally tonight at midnight EST.
Go here though to  hear it streaming.  A slightly quieter affair, but I like it.

Of course this video has nothing to do with Jack White but I enjoyed this on Portlandia recently.


2 comments:

Allison said...

Happy news! Definitely a low-key single, but I'm still intrigued. Hopefully there will be some good diversity on the album.

Westcoast Walker said...

JW is a true artist and craftsman. I have a feeling he'll still be making records well into his 70's (and they'll probably still sound vital).