La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hey Hey, My My, the Forest City Welcomes that Neil Young Guy


Neil Young to Make the Trek Across Canada this Spring

This city has been abuzz of late with possible news that Neil Young would be coming to town. Well like his oft promised Archive Volume 1 Boxed Set I took it with a grain of salt and hoped for the best. Thankfully though it’s now been confirmed; and good news for other smaller Canadian markets as a full fledged spring mini Canuck tour has been scheduled. The Young tour starts April 6 in St John’s, Newfoundland and will travel across Canada, making stops in 10 cities.

4/6/2009 Mile One Centre St. John's,NL
4/10/2009 Halifax Metro Centre Halifax,NS
4/11/2009 Harbour Station Saint John,NB
4/13/2009 K-Rock Centre Kingston,ON
4/15/2009 John Labatt Centre London,ON
4/17/2009 Essar Centre Sault Ste. Marie,ON
4/20/2009 Credit Union Centre Saskatoon,SK
4/22/2009 Prospera Place Kelowna,BC
4/23/2009 Rexall Place Edmonton,AB
4/25/2009 ENMAX Centre Lethbridge,AB

Visit johnlabattcentre.com for local ticket details and times.

Psssst Presale here.

The 2009 tour is a continuation of his successful 2008 tour. The concerts will feature Young with the same band that backed him in 2008 - Ben Keith, Rick Rosas, Chad Cromwell, Anthony Crawford and Pegi Young. Tickets for Young's first show here in years go on sale Friday, Feb.27th. Young has not played in London since he made a stop at Alumni Hall at the University of Western Ontario in 1973! Still no word on the boxed set but Neil’s new record, apparently a thematic set about his electric car, Fork in the Road is due soon.

5 comments:

Allison said...

Why did I leave Ontario again? ;)

Are you going to try and get tickets?

Sean Wraight said...

Allison,

Must have been the irrestible call of those Rocky Mountain vistas.

Got a couple tickets yesterday through the pre-sale... So if you are up for a six day drive you can go with me!

No? I'll be sure to post a full review.

s

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Sadly, I won't be able to make the trek up to Edmonton to see him. So I expect to hear about every last detail from you!

Sean Wraight said...

Barb,

I shall endeavour to write a review that is as good as the David Byrne piece you wrote last week.

I am really looking forward to seeing Neil. I have not seen him since 1988.

At least HE won't be remarking about my age at this one!

s

Barbara Bruederlin said...

nor your amazing complexion