La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Sunday, August 24, 2008

PLAYLIST 18 - I am a Deeply Superficial iPod


Today’s playlist is all about I. Not ‘me’ specifically but the programmer of this playlist, my iPod on Smart Playlist mode. Such a bombastic appliance this iPod of mine… I, I, I! A couple shouts and song dedications * this week to blogger pals who wrote some of the best things that all of you need to read and see. (Linked appropriately of course.)

Bonnie "Prince" Billy - I Am A Cinematographer
Robert Wyatt - At Last I Am Free
The Byrds - I Am A Pilgrim
Chris Bell - I Am The Cosmos
Guided By Voices - I Am A Scientist [7" Version]
Radiohead - I Am A Wicked Child (for Barbara)
Mogwai - Yes! I Am A Long Way From Home (for Amity)
Wire - I Am the Fly
Wolf Parade - You Are A Runner And I Am My Father's Son (for Serah)
The Microphones - I Am Bored
Damien Jurado - I Am The Mountain
Loney, Dear - I Am The Odd One
Sunset Rubdown - Shut Up I Am Dreaming Of Places Where Lovers Have Wings
Jim O'Rourke - Therefore, I Am
Wilco - I Am Trying To Break Your Heart (For Tessa)
Depeche Mode - I Am You

* Kasey Kasem look out!

2 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Radiohead? For me? How on earth did you know what to get me?

That's a fine premise for a playlist, which I may need to steal some day.

Tessa said...

Verrrrrrry interesting choice, dear Mr. Wraight. Veeerrrrry interesting. The song is both upbeat and melancholy. I think it's the piano in this song - how many intsruments can be both at the same time?