La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Stooges Gear Stolen in Montreal

UGH… If you are a musician you know how important your instruments are in creating your particular art. Finely tuned, honed, cobbled and loved these are what give a band its very distinctive sound and quite often take years to collect and develop. I was extraordinarily disheartened to hear that the mighty Iggy and the Stooges have had all of their equipment stolen after their appearance at the Osheaga Music and Arts Festival in Montreal, PQ. This is sad news indeed for such a band of dedicated road warriors. I recall when a similar incident befell Sonic Youth and virtually crippled the band for several months. Mike Watt played his beloved bass like it was an extension of his own body.


IGGY AND THE STOOGES
EQUIPMENT STOLEN ON AUGUST 4, 2008
OUTSIDE THE EMBASSY
SUITES HOTEL
208 SAINT ANTOINE OUEST,
MONTREAL, QUEBEC,
CANADA

all equipment was in a rented penske 15 foot yellow
truckwith u.s. (michigan) license plate number AC46493
parked immediately outside the hotel, the theft had
to have happened in the morning, between
6:30 and7:30 am - truck and all gear stolen
if anyone has information, ANY INFORMATION!
please, please, PLEASE as soon as possible contact

Eric Fischer at:
nycentral13@gmail.com
cell phone: +1 646 932
1907

The list of missing equipment and other details are listed here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

FUCKERS!!!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

With any luck at all, they may get it back again. Battered perhaps.

Sean Wraight said...

ERIC - I hear you my friend. That's probaly exactly what Iggy said.

BARBARA - Let's hope they do get it back. It's kinda like losing a member of the band. It will certainly be an interesting show in Toronto tomorrow night.

s

bloody awful poetry said...

I usually take a band's instruments ofr granted, until that one day I saw Jonny Buckland(Coldplay) play a guitar that wasn't the one I normally see him with, at some televised gig somewhere, and I was PISSED. Like, where's the Jonny-tar?
So for the sake of the fans at least, I hope Iggy and the gag get their stuffs back.

Sean Wraight said...

Hi bap, It really is a shame... I have seen how much it can upset a group dynamic and its awful. This is stuff that was destined for the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame too!

Anyway... On a brighter note. Did you see the Sigur Ros vid I posted above. - Just for you. It's quite great! I'm hoping it might actually see some kind of domestic release.

Enjoy your weekend.

s

bloody awful poetry said...

Aww dude, the flash player on my computer is dead, so I can't watch videos anymore;all i see are white boxes. But I really and truly appreciate the gesture! Is it the video for Gobbledigoook,by any chance?

Sean Wraight said...

Even better... It's a recording of the band at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.

We really need to find a way to get your computer working properly. You're missing out here!

s

Sean Wraight said...

Hey Ms. Bloody Awful... I forgot to include:

Try to download the Safari (Apple) browser. It works with PC and Mac and I love it. Download the plugins too and that may help.

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

You might also want to try Firefox, also superior to IE. You can get that one here.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Determined to help you with this one.

Good luck.

Sean