La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Friday, January 30, 2009

Coachella 2009 Line-up Announced

April 17, 18, 19, 2009

I love a good concert as much as the next person but this one takes it to a whole new level. The line-up for Coachella 2009 was announced today and its stunning. Indio California's own and the perfect antidote for winter suffering and lack-o-concertitis. I may just have to take a leave of absence from work and make my way through the continent for this.

Unless you want to drive…



Headliners: Paul McCartney (Friday), The Killers (Saturday), The Cure (Sunday). All well and good. But as always, it's in the fine print of the Coachella poster that the event really takes full shape. Also on Friday: Morrissey, Franz Ferdinand, Leonard Cohen, Conor Oberst, Beirut, Girl Talk, M. Ward, Crystal Castles, Buraka Som Sistema, the Hold Steady. For your Saturday: TV On The Radio, Band Of Horses, Fleet Foxes, Superchunk, Liars, Blitzen Trapper, Gang Gang Dance, Tinariwen, Ida Maria, Mastodon, Hercules & Love Affair. And Sunday? My Bloody fucking Valentine. (And Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Throbbing Gristle, PB&J, Antony, Lykke Li, Okkervil, Fucked Up, No Age, Vivan Girls, Gaslight Anthem.

A virtual who’s who in music. I’m afraid my head would explode.

But the question remains. Who would you make the trip for?

5 comments:

Allison said...

I'd make the trip for PB&J and My Bloody Valentine. I saw Morrissey last year at the Wireless Fest in Hyde Park, and he was a riot. I cannot take that man seriously.

When is this?

Sean Wraight said...

Coachella runs April 17th through 19th this year and the line-up is one of the best I have seen. A great mix of old and new. In the desert, in the sun... Not having to wear a parka and long underwear. Allison this thing was created just for us winter sufferers!

I'd love to see MBV too. I would also walk to the desert to see Lykke Li.

s

Anonymous said...

Bit of an old dude fest actually.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I would go to see the people whom I have never had a chance to see before: ie MBV (obviously!), Lykke Li (my homegirl!), Henry Rollins, Shepard Fairey, Antony and the Johnsons. Well I could go on and on, couldn't I?

We need to get that VW van on the road!

Sean Wraight said...

Barb - Wouldn't that be great... Bunch of bloggers in a microbus. Fighting over control of the eight track.

Sure would be fun though. I'm telling you... 2014 Blogger Coachella Convention. Start saving your loonies and toonies now.