La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Friday, January 9, 2009

The Rolling Tundra Revue

Hearty Rockers Set to Tour the Nation

Don’t you just love when a cleverly named tour emerges in the dead of winter to roust us out our collective hibernation?

The Weakerthans are prepping an extensive tour of "America's toque" this spring with fellow countrymen Constantines. This extensive tour will take them from St John’s Newfoundland across the entire country to Victoria BC then north to end in the city of Whitehorse, Yukon. Over the course of the tour the bands will be performing almost 30 concerts in 21 different cities, expanding on the highly successful Inaugural Rolling Tundra Revue Tour of 2005.

Hey Londoners… Now we can check out the new London Music Hall and hopefully blow the rafters out of the dump, inaugural style!

Tour dates follow.

Thursday March 19th, 2009 St. John's, NF - Club One
Friday March 20th, 2009 Halifax, NS - The Palace
Sunday March 22nd, 2009 Sackville, NB - George's Roadhouse
Monday March 23rd, 2009 Fredericton, NB - UNB - SUB Ballroom
Wednesday March 25th, 2009 Quebec, QC - Le Cercle
Thursday March 26th, 2009 Montreal, QC - Le National
Saturday March 28th, 2009 Ottawa, ON - Bronson Centre
Sunday March 29th, 2009 Kingston, ON - The Ale House
Tuesday March 31st, 2009 Toronto, ON - Phoenix Concert Theatre
Friday April 3rd, 2009 London, ON - London Music Hall
Saturday April 4th, 2009 Guelph, ON - River Run Centre
Friday April 17th, 2009 Winnipeg, MB - Burton Cummings Theatre
Saturday April 18th, 2009 Winnipeg, MB - Burton Cummings Theatre
Tuesday April 21st, 2009 Regina, SK - Ridell Centre
Wednesday April 22nd, 2009 Saskatoon, SK - The Odeon Events Centre
Thursday April 23rd, 2009 Edmonton, AB - Winspear Centre
Saturday April 25th, 2009 Calgary, AB - MacEwan Ballroom
Sunday April 26th, 2009 Banff, AB - Wild Bill's
Monday April 27th, 2009 Kelowna, BC - Kelowna Community Theatre
Thursday April 30th, 2009 Victoria, BC - Element
Friday May 1st, 2009 Vancouver, BC - The Commodore Ballroom
Saturday May 2nd, 2009 Vancouver, BC - The Commodore Ballroom
Monday May 4th, 2009 Whitehorse, YT - Yukon Arts Centre

6 comments:

Allison said...

Eeeeeeek!

Great news! This makes missing the Jeff Tweedy concert a lot better. Must look and see when tickets go on sale, because I'm there.

Sean Wraight said...

Allison,

I'll keep you updated. I'm looking forward to seeing what the venue has to offer. I've seen pictures and it looks very nice from an audience perspective. Fantastic bill. I'm hoping they have some interesting tour souveniers.

Should beat Call the Office in the acoustics department at least.

s

Anonymous said...

Im glad you posted this. I had no idea this tour was going to take place.

chanks,
kelly

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I got my tix for the Calgary show last week and am uber-excited! The first time I saw either band was when they toured together and it was sublime - intimate venue, where I got right in front of the stage, and they all came together at the end to do some Dylan and Traveling Wilbury covers.

I can't wait to hear how the new hall in London fares.

Allison said...

Just got my tickets and there were only $25, which I thought was a good deal. Been a while since I've paid $ instead of £ ;)

I am intrigued with the venue too!

Thanks again for the heads up.

Sean Wraight said...

Allison - Great! I'm glad you were able to get tickets. From what I have seen of the venue, we will not be disappointed. I think it will be a great show.

I read today that Emm Gryner is playing a show there this weekend.

Barb - We shall compare notes once the shows happen. Certainly a dream line up for you considering your adoration for both bands.

s