La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Can’t Live Without My Starbucks

Starbucks Releases Mostly Cool Indie Love Compilation

I have to admit- I look at them every morning as I’m waiting to order my “grande bold with room”. Indeed, those ubiquitous Starbucks CD’s always begging at least a look at the track listing. This one though might actually be well worth giving up those biscotti for a month and purchasing for yourself or perhaps more appropriately, someone you love.

The coffee retailer has announced plans for a Volume 2 love-tinged compilation featuring several of our favourite indie musicians. Sweetheart: Our Favourite Artists Sing Their Favourite Love Songs will be available January 30th housing cover tracks from DeVotchKa, Department of Eagles, A.C. Newman, Rogue Wave, Richard Hawley, Death Cab for Cutie, She & Him and more.

Sweetheart: Our Favorite Artists Sing Their Favorite Love Songs Tracklisting :

1. Death Cab for Cutie - "Love Song" (Cure cover)
2. Katy Perry - "Black and Gold" (Sam Sparro cover)
3. DeVotchKa - "Hot Burrito #1 (I'm Your Toy)" (Flying Burrito Brothers cover)
4. Department of Eagles - "Love Me" (Elvis Presley cover)
5. Jessica Lea Mayfield - "Words of Love" (Buddy Holly cover)
6. Ben Bridwell - "Your Love Is Forever" (George Harrison cover)
7. Kate Tucker - "I'm on Fire" (Bruce Springsteen cover)
8. Rogue Wave - "Maps" (Yeah Yeah Yeahs cover)
9. A.C. Newman - "Take on Me" (A-ha cover)
10. Jem - "Yellow" (Coldplay cover)
11. Richard Hawley - "Early Morning Rain" (Gordon Lightfoot cover)
12. Daniel Martin Moore - "I Hear Music" (Billie Holiday cover)
13. She & Him - "I Put a Spell on You" (Screamin' Jay Hawkins cover)
14. Lila Downs - "My One and Only Love" (Frank Sinatra cover)

Any excuse to put Zooey Deschanel’s (She & Him) picture in the blog type thing and I am there!

2 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

hahaha I don't get the whole Katy Perry thing either, but Zooey, now there's a different story althogether. Cute, and she can sing!

I would almost be worth buying the album just to hear Carl Newman sing Take on Me. How surreal is that?

Sean Wraight said...

Barb -

Very, very surreal... I think that particular song choice is most inspired. I'm really impressed with the diversity of all of the choices. Should be a nice one to add to the collection.

s