La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Saturday, January 17, 2009

London Ontario's Local Album of the Year - 2008


UPDATE:

Olenka and the Autumn Lovers won CHRW's 94.9 (Radio Western) Local Album of the Year for 2008! (That's their self titled release pictured above.)

Congratulations to all on this worthy achievement. Kudos to CHRW 94.9 (Radio Western) for actively supporting arts and culture in the Forest City.

Now go to your favourite independent record store and purchase some of Olenka and the Autumn Lovers music. You won't be disappointed.

3 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I do plan a visit to my favourite indie record store soon and shall certainly look for this. While I don't know the other short-listers, I certainly liked what I heard on OatAL's myspace. Gorgeous harmonies, and a truly unique voice.

COngrats to them!

Phronk said...

Never heard of them, but I like what I'm hearing now. And yeah, good for CHRW for being the only ones playing non-mainstream music, local stuff included.

Sean Wraight said...

Barbara - The band are indeed a talented bunch. It's kind of fun to be coming in on the ground floor with them. I just know they will be successful particularly in this country.

Phronk - We are very fortunate to have a music resource like CHRW in this city. I've heard so many new and great things from there!