La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Thursday, January 1, 2009

PLAYLIST 24 - Friends Of Mine


It’s kind of exciting… A brand new year is upon us, a brighter horizon perhaps. That old year certainly threw us its challenges and surprises. But looking back it was special in many ways. Not the least of which are the wonderful new friends I've made over the past three hundred sixty five days. Some of them are on my blog roll and I urge you to spend some time at their little virtual corner too. Creative, intelligent, patient, funny and lovely they all are. So for them, a small token of my appreciation; this is what I do best after all. A playlist dedicated to all of them. I am a better person to know these “Friends of Mine” and to all of them the most sincere best wishes for a splendid 2009.

Click on the links below for a random visit. The songs themselves? Go out and find them at your nearest independent record retailer. Tell them a friend sent you.

Ally Side

These Are Your Friends - Adem
Always A Friend - Alejandro Escovedo
Little Friend - Minor Threat
Us And Our Friends - Tall Firs
I Need All The Friends I Can Get - Camera Obscura
All My Friends (Franz Ferdinand Version) - LCD Soundsystem
My Best Friend - Annie
You've Got A Friend - Dusty Springfield
All Of My Friends Were There - The Kinks
Farewell My Friend - Dennis Wilson
He's My Best Friend - Jellyfish

Booster Side


Fairweather Friend - John Cale
She 's My Best Friend - Lou Reed
My Dearest Friend - Devendra Banhart
New Old Friend Blues - The Kingsbury Manx
Friend Of Mine - The National
All the Right Friends - R.E.M.
Old Friend - Loudon Wainwright III
So Many Friends - Martha Wainwright
Barely Friends - Hayden
Me and My Friend - Julie Doiron
Song for a Friend - Pieta Brown

We're Just Friends - Wilco
Thank You Friends - Big Star
Friends Of Mine - The Zombies

6 comments:

bloody awful poetry said...

Awww! The sweetness! Thanks so much. It's been an honour and pleasure to have met you, and I've been exposed to much new and different types of music that I don't know quite what to do with it all. Have a great 2009, sir =D

Phronk said...

YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND TOO!

:)

But yeah, it was wonderful to have discovered your blog this year. Love what you're doing here.

That cat video was adorable.

Here is an addition for you:
All My Real Friends - High Holy Days

Allison said...

Ah, what a great idea for a post! I am going to have to check out the unknowns on this list.

Jellyfish! There's a name I haven't heard in a long while. That Camera Obscura song always make a smile, too.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

WHat a lovely post, and such a sweet tribute to your friends.

It has been a great pleasure making your acquaintance this year and I hope we can meet face to face to exchange lies some day.

Sean Wraight said...

BOOSTERS AND ALLIES- Just a small little tribute to all of you. You're kind of a fun group to know! ;)

Great new years wishes to all of you!

Mecka Lecka High Mecka Hiney Ho!

s

The R.O.B. said...

... just because we've never met in person... not that I'm going to help you move or anything....