La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Monday, April 6, 2009

They Shoot You SCORE - XX Merge Festival Announced


Merge Reveals Anniversary Fest Lineup
Superchunk! Spoon! M. Ward! Destroyer! More!

Merge Records' 20th anniversary celebration just keeps getting better. They've been sending me new additions to their SCORE! subscription series (including that astounding covers compilation) consistently since January, and today they’ve announced the initial lineup for XX Merge, their celebratory summer festival. Hey folks, honestly summer really isn’t that far off. That white stuff flying in the air today will go away.

XX Merge will take place July 22-26 at the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro, North Carolina and Memorial Hall on the UNC campus in Chapel Hill. Check out who's playing: label founders Superchunk, Spoon, Conor Oberst, M. Ward, Destroyer, Polvo, the Rosebuds, Guv'ner, Pipe, the Broken West, and Spent. And that's just the beginning, as over 25 bands are promised. As you know Merge has a very impressive roster of bands and surprises will definitely be in store.

Heck, make this your summer vacation getaway!

3 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Ahem, very nice of the Merge people, but that happens to be the exact date of the Calgary Folk Festival, which I believe must take precedent in the hearts and schedules of regular EIP readers.

Westcoast Walker said...

The line up sounds merge-o-rific!

I need to either get my transporter beam repaired or brush up on my ability to bend the space-time continuum so I can attend more great festivals this summer.

Sean Wraight said...

Just widening the vision a bit Barb. I know there wouldn't be a chance of getting you away from the Sled Island Fest and justly so.

Have you seen anything on THAT lineup yet? Let me know I would love to post something.

s

Matthew,

That is precisely what summers are for my friend. It's all about the music festivals. Thankfully this continent is rife with these events. This summer is promising to be stunning on all fronts too!

s