La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

“Vote: The only commodity that is peddleable without a license”


I would be remiss if I neglected to post something about this national contest of import. No dear reader, it’s not the Tournament of Hearts but rather a competition for lovers of the best live music. This time CBC Radio 3 Searchlight is looking for the best music festival in Canada and London is again in the running. London's LOLA Fest and Home County Folk Festival have been voted into the Top 40 long list. These outstanding London music festivals have contributed greatly to the arts scene in this city so be sure to put in a ballot so these festivals can manage some acclaim they so richly deserve. Of course you may want to vote for others but I wouldn’t recommend that.

CBC Radio 3 has established a little tradition for the best that Canada has to offer in the music scene. They've searched for the Best Record Stores and last year, the best music Venue in Canada. London again featured two of the top 10 best music venues in Canada. Both Call the Office and the Aeolian Hall were rightfully nominated as the best this city has to offer.

Today is the final day to vote before it's trimmed down to the Top 20 shortlist so vote now linkage below.

Vote now and tell your friends too!

1 comment:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Fear not, my friend, I have been diligently cancelling out your vote every day by backing my own sentimental favourites. Which I figure earns me the right to complain if I don't get my way.