La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Sidewalk, My Psychiatrist


I love to walk. Aside from the obvious health benefits it also provides contemplation time, music listening time and even photography time. Late last year I was particularly struck with the inventiveness of one pedestrian along my familiar route. Someone had taken it upon themselves to paint the entire solar system on a sidewalk arc to scale and in proper order; so as you walked along basically you would stumble upon another planet. They must have been old school too because they included Pluto. Insignificant in the grand scheme of things yes, but it struck me as a particularly clever idea. I actually grew to like the familiarity of it.

Yesterday I came across this wonderful sidewalk concept and was reminded of the 'celestial' artist in my own neighbourhood. Link

One mystery does remain though... Why do I keep finding playing cards along my familiar route?

No comments: