La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Monday, October 13, 2008

PLAYLIST 22 - There is No Great Genius Without Some Touch of Madness


All Right Genius… You Do It.

Hot on the news of the new Kinks box set my iPod (in spiffy new genius mode) spat up this playlist today after I selected the first track. It’s Thanksgiving I should be able to put my feet up for the day don’t you think?




Last of the Steam Powered Trains – The Kinks
A New World - DeVotchKa
You Can't Win - Heavy Trash
No Action - Elvis Costello
Ripped Knees - No Age
In Between The Years - Ulrich Schnauss
Stay With Me - Hasil Adkins
Grand Funk - Jackie Mittoo
My Mathematical Mind - Spoon
Smokey Mountain Dbl Dip - Red Red Meat
Stagger Lee - Lloyd Price
Skank Bloc Bologna - Scritti Politti
Song For Mahila - Yo La Tengo
Black Plant - The Last Shadow Puppets
Secret Identity - The Jealous Girlfriends
Analyse - Thom Yorke
Notre Grand Amour Est Mort - Carla Bruni
The Petrified Florist - Lambchop
Good Enough - The Acorn
The Needle Has Landed - Neko Case
Big Black Car - Big Star

3 comments:

Westcoast Walker said...

A very respectable playlist indeed - I just got into DeVotchKa recently and think they are great - I love their version of "The Last Beat of My Heart".

My "smart playlists" have gradually evolved - sort of moronic at first (lots of repeats) though they have moved to "above average intelligence" and have resulted in some more interesting mixes.

Sean Wraight said...

Hello Mr. Walker,

I suspect DeVotchKa will figure prominently on a lot of persons Year End Lists this year. The band has released a very solid record that is infinitely listenable. But to truly appreciate their powers one must see them live. A true spectacle as it were.

As soon as I can work out some kind of smart playlist meme I will post it on here. I would like to see how iTunes would handle a shared playlist project. The results could be interesting. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Sean

Barbara Bruederlin said...

That genius is actually pretty smart. I may just have to give it w whirl some day.