La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Thursday, May 1, 2008

ARCTIC heading east this May


A couple of days ago, Kirsten from (Vancouver, BC) sent me a note asking if I'd pass on to Everything is Pop readers the details of her bands’ (The Arctic) month long cross Canada tour this month; Kirsten plays bass and keyboards in this trio and I encourage you to go see them in a live setting. Described as ‘Space Rock’ or ‘acoustic trance’ I wouldn’t want to pigeonhole the band quite as such but rather, I would encourage you to listen to the mp3’s on the band’s website to see what you think -
http://www.projectarctic.com Most of the tracks are based on the solo incarnation of ARCTIC, but the full band can be experienced in their most recent videos.

My initial impressions of the Arctic are very positive, and certainly something regular readers would enjoy:

This May/June, ARCTIC will hit the road for a cross-country Band Expedition. Confirmed dates are:

May 10: Wired Monk, Vancouver, BC
May 13: The Gaslight, Regina, SK
May 14: Mondragon, Winnipeg, MB
May 15: The Apollo, Thunder Bay, ON
May 16: Loplop’s, Sault Ste Marie, ON
May 17: Tranzac, Toronto, ON (Marcus Martin solo)
May 20: Albion Hotel, Guelph, ON
May 21: The Boat, Toronto, ON
May 22: Bar St. Laurent 2, Montreal, QC
May 25: Circus Room, Kitchener, ON
May 26: The Casbah, Hamilton, ON
May 28: The Spill, Peterborough, ON
May 29: Black Sheep Inn, Wakefield (near Ottawa), QC
May 30: The Atria, Oshawa, ON
May 31: Phog Lounge, Windsor, ON
Jun 4: The Cavern, Winnipeg, MB
Jun 6: The Stetson, Calgary, AB
Jun 7: Grateful Fed, Kelowna, BC


Regrettfully no London dates as of yet, but perhaps that will change. They will be playing close by.

3 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Thanks, I shall be heading over to the Arctic's site to have a listen. DOn't think I can make that concert sadly, but I'll try.

That video using the Radiohead song is pretty impressive. Nice find.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Pop

Good on you for not categorizing these guys. I listened to their music and its really good. I probably wouldn't have noticed them.

Thanks for pointing them out. I will see them in Montreal.

Peace,
pi

Anonymous said...

Shawn,

I will go see them in Windsor and let you know the details.

Sandy