La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Well Hot Dog, We Have a Wiener!


I've been a very lucky guy. I played on championship teams. I played for Canada. I've won some awards and I'm very proud of those accomplishments. But I don't think there's anything greater than to come home and to be recognized at home. This is the pinnacle.

Bobby Orr

Late last week, Barbara, The Bad Tempered Zombie, named me a Superior Scribbler and bestowed the affiliated award on me and by extension this thing I call a blog. (I honestly thought I blew the talent portion of the competition.) In all seriousness though, I am truly honoured by Barbara’s generosity and I am hugely grateful for her support and always insightful commentary over this past year.

In keeping with the hard and steadfast rules of this award I have been asked to pass the Superior Scribblers bejeweled crown and fancy sash over to five other blogger types of my choosing. Not an easy task by any stretch considering the calibre of great talent I regularly monitor on the tubes. There is a lot of brilliance out there folks but alas I have made my regal decision. Ladies and Gentlemen, put your virtual hands together and applaud my list of superior scribes:

Amity B, of All Things Amity, whose distinctive take on the world keeps me visiting frequently. She is a smart and opinionated individual whose writing style I can only aspire to. Wise beyond her years this passionate scribe never ceases to amaze me with talent most unparalleled.

Tessa, of Tessa’s Braces, is a favourite blogger with a twist. The twist this time is her amazing artwork. In three spartan, black and white panels Tessa is often capable of saying more without words than I have 'with' words in two years. This woman will be famous some day and I’ll be proud to say I knew her on the way up.

Beth, of A Cup of Coffey, is a favourite blogger with a passion for music and life that is second to none. She is an extraordinarily generous soul who often organizes fellow bloggers to participate in various ‘blog type thing activities’. The recent Big Wicked Online Pageant was a real hoot. Her weekly music mixes with downloadable mp3’s are a true highlight of my week.

Mike, of Phronk.com, a fellow Londoner, whose unique take on the world around him is always a welcome read. His posts, often related to a local story of some kind are truly inspired. Mike’s distinctive style will make you laugh one minute and provide a great cake recipe the next.

Matthew, of Westcoast Walker, is an erudite blogger with many interests. Philosopher, artist, music fan, book lover etc., I never know what direction Matthew will go next. But follow him I will. His posts are always informative and fun and always a welcome read at the end of the day.

Lastly, for those I have left off this record I apologize but I must end this list at five. If the hard and fast rules of the academy could be broken god knows I would do it.

So well done, you Superior Scribblers! I now pass on the responsibity on to you, to exercise your civic blogger duty.

Superior Scribbler Rules and Responsibilities:

*The Rules: Every Superior Scribbler will name 5 other Super Scribblers.If you are named you must link to the author & the name of the blog that gave you the award. Then you must display the adorable award and link to THIS POST, which explains the award. The same post also allows you to add your link. Then they will have a record of all the people who are Super Scribblers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sean. Very deserving.

erin

Barbara Bruederlin said...

You made some wonderful choices for passing along the award. I'm not fmailiar with all of them, but shall certainly be visiting in the next few days.

And thanks for playing along, not only do you have a great blog, you are a great sport as well!

Sean Wraight said...

Well thank you Barb. It's not an easy task to pick out the blogs that do impress largely because there are many. I went for the ones that really resonate with me.

Hopefully a few people will discover these little treasures as a result of this though.

Thanks for inviting me to play along.

s

Dale said...

Barbara and Beth are worthy for sure! I'll have to check out your other nominees now too. Just what I need, more to do! :-)