La Sera - Break My Heart

Sic Alps - Glyphs

This is Pop Download-o-rama

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Just How Many Copies of the White Album Does One Person Need?


I love the Beatles and I just may hold the record for most media formats purchased over the years. Repeated album incarnations on coloured vinyl, CRO2 cassette, Japanese compact discs- They’ve all made their way into my collection since I was young. I like to think it was this youthful phenomenon that bore my adult obsessive compulsiveness. So thank you for that Beatles!

News today that following the wildly successful debut in September of the Beatles digitally remastered catalogue on CD, Apple Corps Ltd. and EMI Music have announced the worldwide release of a limited edition Beatles Stereo USB device on December 8th.

This unique, apple-shaped USB drive is loaded with the remastered audio for The Beatles' 14 stereo titles, as well as all of the remastered CDs' visual elements, including 13 mini-documentary films about the studio albums, replicated original UK art, rare photos and expanded liner notes. A specially designed Flash interface has been installed, and the 16GB USB's audio and visual contents will be provided in FLAC 44.1 Khz 24 bit and MP3 320 Kbps formats, fully compatible with PC and Mac.

Anyone want to buy my Rubber Soul eight track?



Release Date 12/9/09

Albums:

Please Please Me
With The Beatles
A Hard Day's Night
Beatles For Sale
Help!
Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Magical Mystery Tour
Yellow Submarine
The White Album
Abbey Road
Let It Be
Past Masters

3 comments:

Allison said...

Wow. This is the year for re releases isn't? This does sound intriguing and I like the design.

I'm thinking of buying The Beatles Rockband game thingy (that's the appropriate name, isn't?) for the Boy, but is $60 reasonable for a video game?

Ryan McNeil said...

Wasn't it just last month I was asking you about the pains that sometimes come with being a completist?

Releases like this are for them...and pretty much only them. That said - enjoy the USb drive I'm sure you're about to purchase!

Allison, $60 is still par for the course when it comes to video games (unfortunately). And that's not even the full kit version that comes with the guitars and drum sets!

I'm actually hoping someone gets me a copy of that game for Christmas :)

Modica said...

Good job on this post! It's nice to see somebody who knows what they're writing about.